Job Title: Resource Coach
Program: Support Services
Supervisor: Support Services Manager
In the resource coach role, this team member will perform duties that create resources in support of Vida’s mission. The resource coach acts as the “first impression” performing client intake and allowing access to the building through our security system, in a professional and respectful manner. The resource coach presents Vida as a life-affirming organization qualified and desiring to serve the caller/visitor in a caring and respectful manner. All duties and responsibilities are performed in support of Vida’s Mission. In the resource coach role, this team member will work one-on-one with Support Services clients who are experiencing an unplanned or planned pregnancy, and who need additional community resources to address housing instability, lack of medical insurance, food instability, material support (infant equipment, supplies, etc.,) and parenting education. This team member would also be responsible for researching additional community resources to meet unmet needs and organize community resource materials for center distribution.
- Answers all calls and connects the caller to the proper individual in a timely fashion. Greets all guests, including clients, in a professional, friendly tone that conveys the caring and serving attitude of the organization.
- Provides clients with appropriate paperwork and informs mentors of appointment arrivals
- Maintains client confidentiality
- Receives material and monetary donations and provides tax receipts as appropriate and in compliance with pertinent policy and IRS guidelines. Provides appropriate organization information
- Maintains knowledge and understanding of programs and personnel connected with each program
- Maintains a schedule of and be knowledgeable about upcoming events connected with Vida. Provides this information to callers and visitors as appropriate.
- Assists staff and volunteers with daily tasks as requested by the program manager and supervisors. Tasks may include recording information, copying, and assembling materials, sorting materials, filing, and placing phone calls.
- Performs special projects or tasks as assigned by program manager and supervisors.
- Maintain appropriate supplies in the reception and other office areas.
- Assist with other administrative work when needed.
- Schedule and conduct one-on-one client coaching sessions including coaching intake and follow up sessions
- Research and maintain an up-to-date list of community resources
- Assist with building and maintaining relationships with community resource agencies/not for profit organizations
Work is performed independently with periodic review. Employee organizes work and sets priorities based on schedule and office priorities established by program manager and supervisors. Manager regularly reviews non-routine work and periodically reviews routine work.
- Professional and pleasant business oral communication skills, including a pleasant and respectful tone of voice both in person and on the phone. Good listening skills, calm discernment. Basic written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task in busy environment
- Willingness and ability to learn more about Vida’s programs to better serve the clients and callers needing information
- Willingness and ability to abide by the office policies
- Willingness and ability to serve clients and other Vida constituencies (including other staff, donors, vendors, etc.) in a way that honors, supports and promotes Vida’s mission
- Willingness and ability to demonstrate commitment to Vida’s mission in the execution of position responsibilities
- High school graduation or GED strongly preferred
- Experience and/or training as receptionist or in other office skills strongly preferred
- Basic word processing/data entry skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook, preferred.
The above describes the general nature of the job and is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, knowledge, skills, abilities and working conditions.
Vida is partnering with Wisconsin Associations of Free and Charitable Clinics and AmeriCorps for this role.
Apply: Interested individuals can apply here.